Monday, July 2, 2007

Bush Commutes Libby’s Sentence

AmericaBlog, Atrios and my friend Peggy all reporting: Bush has commuted Scooter Libby’s sentence.

I can’t believe he had the balls. Still, Libby has to pay the fine and probation. But no jail time. Judith Miller must be pissed off.

No justice, no peace.

Yeah, I really want to know who he's talking to in these little kaffeklatsches he's having at the Oval Office. "Why don't they like me! What will the history books say about me!" Oh, Waaah. This is why we hate you, you sonofabitch.

Enjoy your little war, Georgie.

Oh, and by the way: British intel reporting that an Iraqi Kurd is behind the UK bombings. Got that? An Iraqi Kurd. Not Al Qaeda. Not Iran. Told you so.

Yes I know they're supposed to love us because we avenged Saddam's gassing of the Kurds with the nerve agents we'd given him. He was supposed to use them on the Iranians. Pesky little dictators, they are SO unreliable.

Damn ingrates, so ungrateful.

This is what Bush commuted? No, I don't think history will remember this very kindly. Not at all.
[UPDATE:]

Josh Marshall nails it:
The only basis for this decision is that Libby is the vice president's friend, the vice president rules the president and this was the minimum necessary to keep the man silent.


Yup.