Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Joe Six Pack Need Not Apply

Sarah Palin was interviewed by conservative Hugh Hewitt on his radio show and was asked why so many people are appalled by her candidacy. Here’s the exchange:
Hewitt: Governor, your candidacy has ignited extreme hostility, even some hatred on the left and in some parts of the media. Are you surprised? And what do you attribute this reaction to?

Palin: Oh, I think they're just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying you know what? It's time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency, and I think that that's kind of taken some people off guard, and they're out of sorts, and they're ticked off about it.

Excuse me but, duh. Where have you been for the past eight years? We’ve had Joe Six Pack in the Oval Office! This is not a job for regular people. We’ve had incompetent, unqualified “Brownies” and “Monicas” in charge of our government for the past eight years. Look where it got us.

We’ve learned our lesson. Give me the elite for a change. Please. Presidentin’ is hard work. So is Vice Presidentin’. I think if you’re going to hold one of these offices you should have at least been around long enough so that your name shows up in the 2001 Google index. For God’s sake, even my real name shows up in the 2001 Google index. How is it I had more of a public profile in 2001 than the person running for Vice President? Did this woman just come out of nowhere or what?

And here’s another word to the mainstream media: when I look at Sarah Palin I do NOT see myself. Let’s just put the kabosh on that ridiculous canard right now.