Monday, February 23, 2009

Democrats Do Not Donate $ To Republicans. End Of Discussion.

This goes for Tennessee Gubernatorial candidate Ward Cammack as well as TNDP Treasurer Bill Freeman.

Call it a litmus test if you will, I don’t care. I can understand the concept of “pro life Democrats,” I can understand Democrats who are “fiscal hawks,” I can make room in my big tent for Democrats who are hawkish in foreign policy areas and pro-gun. I may not agree with these things but I can understand it.

But if you’re giving thousands of dollars to Republican campaigns and the Republican Party, then you are pitching for the other team. Ward Cammack, you will not get my support for governor. And Bill Freeman, if these stories about you giving $10,000 to the RNC and whatnot pan out, I call on you to resign your position in the Tennessee Democratic Party.

You gave money to torture. You gave money to invading a country that was not a threat to us. You gave money to tax cuts for the wealthy while the economy spiraled into its current abyss. You gave money to cronyism and incompetence that resulted in the Hurricane Katrina disaster. There is absolutely no excuse for this.

Pick a side, people. It shouldn’t be all that hard. Not after the past eight brutal years of Republican misdeeds.

More from Newscoma, Steve Ross and Aunt B.