Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ron Paul Doesn’t Believe In Evolution

OK, now I feel completely justified in mercilessly mocking the followers of Ron Paul. The doctor doesn’t believe in evolution? For real? Or is he just pandering to the Bible thumpers in his district? Either way, it’s not looking good for this so-called “maverick straight-shooter.” Y’all are idiots.


Via Carpetbagger Report, we have a transcript:
Audience member: I saw you in one of the earlier debates, all of the candidates were asked if they believe the theory of evolution to be true and they had a show of hands, but I didn’t see which way you voted, and I was wondering if you believe it to be true, and should it be taught in our schools.

Paul: First, I thought it was a very inappropriate question, you know, for the presidency to be decided on a scientific matter. And I, um, I think it’s a theory, theory of evolution, and I don’t accept it, you know, as a theory…. I just don’t think we’re at a point where anybody has absolute proof, on either side.


(h/t, Digby).