Friday, September 3, 2010

Silent No More

Yeah I know the “silent no more” meme is a favorite Teanut rallying cry but we Lefties find it amusing considering how conservatives basically rule our national discourse. Glenn Beck farts and the media rushes to cover it; Breitbart pulls some vicious lies out of thin air and organizations lose their funding, people lose their jobs, and the national news media takes it as gospel truth.

So while we DFH’s don’t seem to have the same credibility or news-making ability as the folks on the right, we can eat least talk to our neighbors, colleagues, coworkers, etc.

And it seems that we are. I’m hearing more and more stories like this one and this one. John Cole writes:
I made a vow, though. In the interest of politeness, I’ve ignored this stuff in public before. I figure I will do my ranting online. But not any more. Any time I am confronted with this nonsense in the future, I am aggressively and publicly challenging these idiots. I can’t take it any more. The damage Rupert Murdoch and those like him have done to this country needs to be countered.

Good advice to us all. Don’t be afraid to speak out, liberals. Don’t be afraid to rock the boat a little, to make things a little uncomfortable around the dinner table every now and then. Don’t be afraid to “reply all” to that ridiculous e-mail your relatives sent about Michelle Obama banning Christmas because sure as God made little green apples, it will reappear on a wackadoodle politician’s lips a year later.

We’ve been too polite -- to our detriment. We figured no one would take the Glenn Becks and Michelle Bachmanns seriously. We were wrong. Use your voice, liberals.