Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mourning News

We are blessed with satellite TV at the Beale household, which means we have 50 gazillion channels. I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Here’s what was on the TV this morning between 7:35 and 7:45 a.m.:

ABC News: commercials every time I switched over, which I tried about five times.

NBC Today Show: Should OJ’s Book Be Published?

CBS: (local): Knut the polar bear needs to go on a diet!

Fox 17 (local): newest “American Idol” hopefuls!

CNN: Have toy stores taken the lead-tainted toys off the shelves?

Fox & Friends: commercial, commercial, commercial. Finally, on my fifth try, chit-chat with Fox NFL Sunday folks.

MSNBC News Live: Joe Scarborough has been talking about baseball for about 10 minutes.

CSPAN, Washington Journal: Interview with Nevada journalist Jon Ralston

Democracy Now: A boring lecture about something, I think trade justice.

I ask you: is there no freaking news on the %$@*! television anymore??!!! No wonder Americans are hopelessly uninformed. Even if you wanted to, it’s impossible to find news in the morning.

The internet won’t kill network or cable news. Looks to me like they’re committing suicide.