Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poll Report From Nashville

No big lines or waits here in Nashville. So many folks early voted that the polling places are reporting light activity.

The location I was assigned to poll watch voted about 20 people in 2 hours. I was told 65% of the precinct early voted.

This is good news, but I hope it doesn't inspire the Election Commission to cut back on early voting. People shouldn't have to wait in long lines to vote.


My second polling location was slightly busier but still smooth sailing. No long lines. Forgot to mention that all day long I've been seeing a lot of first-time voters, young people, and inactive voters reactivating their registrations.

Wolf Blitzer of CNN just told me to stay tuned for a discussion of Sarah Palin's "historic role" in this election. Yeah, if by historic you mean retreading ground set by the Democrats and Geraldine Ferraro 20 years ago.