Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poll Report From Nashville

No big lines or waits here in Nashville. So many folks early voted that the polling places are reporting light activity.

The location I was assigned to poll watch voted about 20 people in 2 hours. I was told 65% of the precinct early voted.

This is good news, but I hope it doesn't inspire the Election Commission to cut back on early voting. People shouldn't have to wait in long lines to vote.

[UPDATE]:

My second polling location was slightly busier but still smooth sailing. No long lines. Forgot to mention that all day long I've been seeing a lot of first-time voters, young people, and inactive voters reactivating their registrations.

Wolf Blitzer of CNN just told me to stay tuned for a discussion of Sarah Palin's "historic role" in this election. Yeah, if by historic you mean retreading ground set by the Democrats and Geraldine Ferraro 20 years ago.

Please.