1 Update below
I realize that the Rondroids believe Ron Paul is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being they've ever known in their life. For the rest of us who haven't drunk the Kool-Aid, Orcinus has a comprehensive outline of Ron Paul’s congressional record. “Extreme” is putting it mildly. Among the more “out there” bills he’s sponsored are:
• H.R.1095: To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity
• Four different bills that would provide that the inferior courts of the United States do not have jurisdiction to hear abortion-related cases.
• Three different bills providing that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.
• H.J.RES.80: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizing the States to prohibit the physical destruction of the flag of the United States and authorizing Congress to prohibit destruction of federally owned flags.
• H.R.2310: A bill to repeal the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
• H.R.2962: A bill to repeal all authority of the Federal Government to regulate wages in private employment. (This would repeal the minimum wage).
• H.R.2139: To repeal the National Voter Registration Act of 1993. (The Motor Voter Act).
• H.R.1146: To end membership of the United States in the United Nations.
There’s lots more over at Orcinus. Check it out.
Kleinheider at Volunteer Voters has posted this video: A Libertarian questions his support of Ron Paul
It seems the Congressman's "sanctity of life" legislation has given some freedom lovers pause--as well it should.