Monday, April 14, 2008

Scary-Voiced Announcer Man

If you have XM Satellite Radio like I do, then you've been hearing Scary-Voiced Announcer Man intoning about Ben Stein's movie "Expelled." The ads have been running a lot--a lot--to the point where I can't listen to Lionel or Ed Schultz anymore, they are that annoying.

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard the premise (Stein has been making the TV rounds) and it strikes me as the most ridiculous fake controversy I've ever heard. I can't get worked up over the "injustice" of people peddling religion and fake science in schools being told they can't by school administrators and school districts. Sorry, dude. I liked you better when you were challenging us to win your money.

Anyway, I think we've all heard enough of Scary-Voiced Announcer Man this campaign season. Which is what made this video so hilarious: