Thursday, March 24, 2011

Awesome Defense Of Teachers

My mother was a teacher. My mother-in-law was a teacher. My sister-in-law is a teacher. I have friends who are teachers. I tried to teach once and was smart enough to know that I am supremely bad at it. It's hard work, it takes dedication, heart and patience, and you have to really care about the profession because you will never get the respect you deserve or the compensation you've earned. It sickens me that we have these Republican assholes who now seem to think that picking on teachers is a winning message. It's despicable.

When the hell did that happen? Seems like just a few years ago the national debate centered on how teachers didn't make enough. Now suddenly they're fat cats? How come whenever I read the Headline Homes feature it's not teachers buying those million-dollar-plus estates, but healthcare executives, doctors and people "wealthy by way of motorized wheelchairs"?

Here's an awesome defense of teachers making the rounds: