Friday, May 7, 2010

How To Take A Shower In A Water Shortage

1- Get a liquid soap of some kind. I like Dr. Bronner’s because it’s all natural, it lathers up really, really well, and you can buy it by the gallon. Also, it comes in all sorts of yummy varieties (I like the Eucalyptus and Almond Oil scents, but Peppermint is great for really hot days because it leaves your skin tingling).

2- Get a washcloth.

3- Turn on the shower and wet yourself and your washcloth very quickly. Then turn the water off. If you have a hand-nozzle, use that instead of the shower head, as it uses less water.

4- Pour a generous amount of soap into your washcloth and then lather up all over. If you are using Dr. Bronner’s you can also wash your hair with it. Ladies, you can shave your legs and your pits, all without turning the water on. Men, I don’t know what to tell you, except I've always thought beards are sexy.

5- Turn on the shower/hand nozzle and rinse yourself off.

And you're done!

Apparently Nashville is still experiencing a water shortage, so I thought I’d share my little tip.