Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Putting The “Nut” In Wingnut

Yes, I’m still embarrassed by my fellow Tennesseans:
Baby named Sarah McCain Palin

A new father has secretly named his baby girl Sarah McCain Palin after the Republican ticket for president and vice president.

Mark Ciptak of Elizabethton put that name on the documents for the girl's birth certificate, ignoring the name Ava Grace, which he and his wife had picked earlier.

"I don't think she believes me yet," he told the Kingsport Times-News for a story to be published Tuesday. "It's going to take some more convincing."

Ciptak, a blood bank employee for the American Red Cross, said he named his third child after John McCain and Sarah Palin "to get the word out" about the campaign.

"I took one for the cause," he said. "I can't give a lot of financial support for the (McCain/Palin) campaign. I do have a sign up in my yard, but I can do very little."

You, sir, are a moron.

And speaking of names, I know the wingnuts love to make fun of Barack “Hussein” Obama. But it’s amazing to me how few people are aware that “Barack” is a name from the Old Testament, the Book of Judges to be precise. The Biblical Barack (or “Barak”) and the prophetess Deborah defeated the Canaanites.

You’d think some of the conservative Christians mocking Obama’s name would know that.