Monday, October 6, 2008

Glass Houses

I’m not sure I would be questioning my opponent’s patriotism if I had ties to a secessionist movement. Didn’t we fight a civil war over that stuff a hundred years ago or so? Secession isn’t very patriotic.

It just looks kinda weird when your campaign’s motto is “Country First” but there’s video of you saying you “share the vision” of a group whose motto is “Alaska First, Alaska Always.”

It’s a little strange to hear someone saying stuff like this:
Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country... This is not a man who sees America as you see America and as I see America.

...when you and your husband are connected to a group whose platform

has "a plank that challenges the legality of the Alaskan statehood vote as illegal and in violation of United Nations charter and international law."

If you think America's so perfect, then why do you support a group that challenges the legality of Alaskan statehood and advocates becoming its own independent country? What, America isn't good enough for you?

It's all very strange. But I guess that’s just me.