Thursday, February 7, 2008

Better Democrats, Please

[UPDATE]:

Volunteer Voters has a video clip of Sen. Henry making his statement in all its hideous context. It's even worse than we thought.

----------------------------------------

Oh, lordie. I’ve been thinking that Sen. Douglas Henry is long past his expiration date, but this settles it:
Sen. Doug Henry, an 81-year-old Nashville Democrat, explaining to the state Senate his votes surrounding amendments to the abortion resolution: “Rape, ladies and gentlemen, is not today what rape was. Rape, when I was learning these things, was the violation of a chaste woman, against her will, by some party not her spouse. Today it’s simply, ‘Let’s don’t go forward with this act.’ ”

I live in Sen. Henry’s district. Let me say that this kind of attitude about an act of violence is woefully ignorant, insensitive and offensive.

Sen. Henry, you need to retire. Now. Please. I say this as a constituent. Just. Go. Away.

I’m sick of this ignorant shit from our representatives in the legislature.

By the way, I should have done this earlier, but feel free to drop Sen. Henry a line and tell him how you feel: sen.douglas.henry@legislature.state.tn.us

(h/t, Volunteer Voters.)