Thursday, December 16, 2010

Political Theater Alert

Stupid U.S. Senate!

With folks like Sen. Jim DeMint threatening bullshit stunts like this, I have to wonder what the point of having a bicameral government is. Really? You just want everything to grind to a halt? Again? What the hell for?

Republicans loaded the omnibus bill with billions of dollars in pork (as did the Democrats but they aren’t the ones whining about it), then are shocked--shocked!--at the size of the bill! Amazing!

Hmm, starting to look like a bunch of political theater to me, but who is the audience? Who is paying attention to this stuff? What is the point? I don’t get it.

And let me just say, those of us who are paying attention are appalled. We deserve better. We deserve--and want--a government that functions. I never again want to hear the Democrats tell me they need a "filibuster proof majority" -- when they had one, they went on and on about the need for bipartisanship! So screw you all, we're not as dumb as we look. Broken government? No thank you.

Next Democratic majority needs to reform Senate rules FIRST THING: