Friday, September 26, 2008

Nashville Gas Crisis, An Update

It seems to me things are getting better. I can see more gas stations are open for business, though prices are still around $4/gallon. I still haven’t needed to fill up, but I’m below 1/4 tank and will need to next week.

Dan Miller, anchor of our local WSMV-Channel 4 news station, just told me this:
”One of the reasons Nashville was hit so hard is because the city relies on Gulf Coast refineries for 80% of its fuel. If you’re heading ouit of town this weekend, Charlotte NC and Atlanta Georgia are in the very same situation.”
Remind me again: Why do we want to drill there?

Personally I’ve always wanted one of those converted-diesel engines that runs on used cooking oil. I bet people fueled by KFC or McDonald’s are laughing their asses off right now.